Friday, February 11, 2011

Exploring Photography

Some types of photography that i am interested in using for this shooting assignment are Animal/Pet, Artistic, Black and White, Night, and People. These are examples of those particular categories:

Animal/Pet

Artistic

Black and White

Night

People


And now for my take on five different types of photography!

The first I did was sports instead of portrait. This picture was taken at my brother's hockey tournament in Washington D.C. I then edited it in camera raw to make it more realistic and more vibrant.


The second picture I took and edited was during the night. I took a picture of a lantern on the wall in my kitchen while it was illuminated. Then I altered the settings only a little bit to make it stand out a little better.

Next, I did a picture that was in black and white. Originally the picture was taken in color, but in Adobe Camera Raw I changed it to be black and white because I thought that setting looked best with the specific picture.


For my fourth picture that I did, I chose to do something artistic. So, I took a picture of the stove in my kitchen, and to make it a little more bright, I turned on the gas so that you could see the bright flame. Then, in Adobe Camera Raw, I turned up the vibrancy and saturation so that all the reds and oranges were brighter.



Lastly, I took a picture that couold be considered Macro Photography. Macro Photography is the art of shooting images up close without being blurry. In this case I took a picture of a dress frame that held jewelry. Then, in Adobe Camera Raw, I edited the picture so that the background would be a little bit more blurry in order to draw the focus to the main part of the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Blog looks great! I love the background and the descriptions that you added! You are missing your 5 edited images for Explore Photography and 2 examples of Line.

    ReplyDelete